DETAILS OF SERVICES:
The CERC carries out the following functions:
- Coordinates projects executed by the Education Trust Fund (ETF) under the Community Education Resource Centre (CERC) programmes.
- Provides services that enhances teaching and learning through the provision of facilities such as, Science Laboratories, Workshops, Computer and internet services to FCT public and private schools as well as to the general public.
- Provides training programmes on the computer and the internet for staff, students and other interested persons.
- Provides Restaurant services to staff and conference delegates on demand.
- Takes charge of conference venues
- DETAILS OF CUSTOMERS
- EXPECTATION FROM CUSTOMER
- COST OF SERVICE DELIVERY
- TIME FRAME FOR SERVICE DELIVERY
- In-school learners
- Out- of- school learners
- The general public
- All request for the use of the Division’s facilities should be submitted to the Director, ERC For approval
- All bookings are dependent on the payment of 50% of the charges.
- All customers shall pay for the use of facilities in advance
- All users shall be surcharged for any loss or damage of equipment either by them directly or by their guests/students
- All users of the facilities must abide by the appointed time specified in their letter
- Any booking/bookings cancelled after processing, shall be considered for refund based on the final consideration and approval by the Director ERC
- All users of the Division’s facilities may by virtue of unavoidable circumstances seek for a change on the appointed time of use of the facilities
|S/N||USERS||NON Refundable Deposit(Fuelling)||Main Hall(500)||Committee Room(120)||Laboratories (40)||(Workshop) PHY, Chem, Bio(40) H/Econs, Lang. Labs||Restaurant (50)|
|2||Public Sch. (Sec)||-||15,000||8,000||10,000||10,000||15,000|
Table 1: Approved rates for use of CERC facilities at the FCT Education Resource Centre, Abuja: 2009NB: Minimum deposit of 50% at booking point (and payment of full balance before programme begins).
The Centre offers high quality programmes daily in its laboratories and conference venues for the up-grading of knowledge and self development. Its services are open to schools and the general public on the following days and time:
i) Monday – Friday —- 8:00 am – 4:00pm
ii) Weekends —- On special request
Genuine complaints or enquiries could be channeled to:
- Officer of the Division where the service was rendered
- Head of the Measurement and Evaluation Division
- Centre’s Complaint Boxes
- SERVICOM Office
- Director (ERC)
SHORT PROFILE OF H.O.D.
NAME: Mr. I .A Edet (Chief Education Officer)
Born August 1958.
QUALIFICATION: WASCE, NCE (Chem. /Maths)
B.Sc 9Ed)-Integrated Science.
PGD in view
Happily married with 4 children
Hobby-Travelling, reading and writing.
Eleven years teaching experience and 15 years as Education Administrator.