Planning Research and Statistics (PRS)
The Division provides efficient and effective support services to the Centre, Agencies of the Education Secretariat, Schools, teachers and the general public through its Internal Seminars, Workshops on the production of school magazines, Issuance of Educational Information to schools and the general public. It collects, collates analyses and disseminates research and educational data.
The Planning Research and Statistics Division carry out its functions through the following Branches
- Research and Publication Branch: This branch carries out research on topical educational issues. They disseminate information to schools and to the general public. Organizes seminars /workshops and produces handbooks for schools.
- Planning and Statistics Branch: This branch is responsible for the collection, collation, analysis and storage of educational data.
- Printing Press Unit: This branch typeset, format, print and bind official documents for the Centre and some Government Agencies.
- Research into problem areas in education by collecting, collating and analyzing data using questionnaires, interviews, observation techniques, etc.
- Produces the annual FCT State of Education Report by assessing the performance and development of education, in order to identify major problems, prospects and consequently proffer solution(s).
- Produces handbooks on all educational agencies programmes and activities undertaken by the FCT Education sector by highlighting functions and activities.
- Conducts in-house seminars on topical educational and general issues by inviting experienced resource persons to talk on them.
- Publishes periodically, a Directory on institutions of learning in the FCT by identifying their addresses, history, status, location, etc.
- Provides and updates information on the ERC in its publications
- Organizes annual workshop on student based school magazines and award ceremony for the best school magazines
- Provides academic information to researchers on request
- Education Resource Centres in the country.
- FCT Education Secretariat and its Agencies / Boards
- Public and private schools
- Tertiary institutions, Researchers and the general public
- The PRS Division commences compilation of data at the beginning of each year
- It holds its internal seminars every month, normally, on the last Thursday of every month
- Provides information to researchers within 24 hours of receipt of approval from the Director ERC
- Assessment of school magazines begins in September, and the award ceremony takes place in March
- Review of Directory on FCT Schools is done periodically.
- Access to educational information / data that are not confidential in nature
- The right to ask for an explanation on any information that is not well understood
- All request for information should be made in writing to the Director, ERC, and must be accompanied by an introduction letter from the Head of Department of a school or the organization of the Researcher
- Information is provided only after proper identification of the person/ Agency requesting for it
- Fees may be charged for the reproduction of materials where necessary
- All payments for the information / data should be made to the Accounts Section of the ERC and must be properly receipted. A copy of the receipt should be deposited with the Head of the PRS Division
Complaints for any observed Service Failure is to be directed to the.
- Officer of the Division where the service was rendered
- Head of the Planning Research and Statistic Division
- Centre’s Complaint Boxes
- SERVICOM Office
- Director (ERC)