Measurement & Evaluation (M&E)
The M & E Division organizes, conducts and monitors examinations in FCT Schools during the Mock – WASSCE, JSCE, End-of-Year Promotion and FCT Science Schools Entrance Examinations. It assesses results, certificates and testimonials of FCT Students, schools, other government agencies and individuals in order to facilitate selection, admission, placement, upgrading and promotion. It also coordinates and monitors national examinations such as the WASSCE, SSCE, NABTEB, NTI, NDA, NMS, Air force Secondary school, Federal Science Schools Entrance Examinations, etc.
The above functions are performed through the following branches:
- Admission Branch
- Examination Branch
- Evaluation BRANCH
- Public and private schools in the FCT
- FCT administrators and teachers
- Students / pupils
- Educational Institutes
- Examination / Assessment bodies
- Government Ministries, Parastatal / Agencies
- ERC staff
- The general public
|1.||Mock-WASSCE Registration||Dec –Jan (Annually)|
|2.||Conduct of Mock-WASSCE||First two weeks of February (Annually)|
|3.||JSCE Registration||March – May (Annually)|
|4.||Conduct of JSCE||First two weeks of June (Annually)|
|5.||FCT Science School Registration||June - July (annually)|
|6.||FCT Science School Entrance Exam||August – September (Annually)|
|7.||Registration for Promotion Exams||March – April (Annually)|
|8.||Conduct of Promotion Exams||First three weeks of July (Annually)|
|9.||Preparation of Questions & marking Scheme||Dec. of Preceding year – Feb. of new year|
|10.||Marking, compilation & analysis of Mock-WASSCE, JSCE, FCT Science Schools Examinations result||March – August (Annually)|
|11.||Placement of successful candidates & release of result||April – September (Annually)|
|12.||Conduct of Pre & Post-Exam Workshops||A week before & after each major Exam|
|13.||Liaising with other examination/assessment bodies||All Year round|
|14.||Sales and processing of admission Documents||August – December (Annually)|
|15.||Evaluation of Certificates / Testimonials||All Year round|
|16.||Compilation & Release of TC II result||All Year round|
|17.||Admission Verification exercise||May every year|
|18.||Monitoring of local and national examinations||February – November every year.|
|1.||Transfer / Admission Form||N500 each (Revisable)|
|2.||Registration for Examinations||N1000 each examination (Revisable)|
|3.||Admission Prospectus||N500 per copy (Revisable)|
|4.||Examination Malpractice Decree No. 33 of 1999||N200 per copy (Revisable)|
|5.||Confirmation & Issuance of Testimonials/ Certificates||N1000 each|
|6.||Bound copies of ICEE Results||N12,000 each|
|7.||Confirmation & Issuance of TC 11 Statement of results||N700 each|
|8.||Sale of past question papers||N50 per question paper|
- Providing necessary information on time to her customers via handbooks and notices on notice boards in the schools and the headquarters of the Education Secretariat.
- Getting examination questions and marking schemes ready on time so that examinations can be conducted on time and results released early to enable students and their parents to prepare for the next academic session.
- Holding pre- and post examination workshops so as to prepare for a hitch free and successful conduct of examinations and to see areas of weaknesses in order to correct them and achieve better success in the future.
- Monitoring, thoroughly examination venues and candidates so as to prevent examination mal practice and ensure compliance with examination ethics.
- Printing early between July and August, transfer forms and school prospectus and other admission documents so that sales could begin on the scheduled dates.
- Screening, with dispatch, applicants documents so that clients do not spend long hours at the ERC.
- Processing completed transfer forms quickly so that successful applicants could settle down on time in their new schools.
- Screening and processing of testimonials, report cards and certificates at the appropriate times so as to meet the deadline of applicants.
- Responding quickly to enquiries, letters, memos and researchers so that work is not delayed on any matter.
- Regarding examinations, schools and required to send to the ERC, as early as December of each year, sample examination questions and making schemes in all the subjects taught in their respective schools; and list of supervisors and examiners to enable the M& E Division select appropriate questions, prepare for printing, supervision, monitoring, workshops and marking exercises.
- In the case of applicants seeking admission into FCT Schools, they are required to bring relevant personal and school documents such as academic reports of past classes, a birth certificate/ declaration of age, testimonials, transfer certificates, medical fitness report and passport photographs.
- School heads are required to re-screen applicants’ documents on time and give placement tests early to enable the ERC endorse admission forms so that new students can report to school early.
- Regarding evaluation of certificates, the Division expects from applicants, the original and photocopies of all documents to be evaluated, as well as transcripts from the issuing schools/ bodies.
- Constructive criticism.
- Good and positive advice.
Genuine complaints or enquiries could be channeled to:
- Officer of the Division where the service was rendered
- Head of the Measurement and Evaluation Division
- Centre’s Complaint Boxes
- SERVICOM Office
- Director (ERC)
SHORT PROFILE OF H.O.D.
NAME: HAJIYA MARYAM BALARABA HASSAN
- Highest qualification is M. ED 1988, Lecturer College of Education Sokoto from 1982 – 1998 in Tests, Measurement and Evaluation, Memory, Human Learning Comparative Education, etc.
- Staff of M&E Division (ERC) from 1998 to 2005.
- Principal GSS Garki 2005 – 2007
- Head of M&E Division 2008 to Date
Coordinates and supervises all personnel, professional and administrative activities of the Division in terms of Admissions, Examinations and Certification of students in the FCT Schools.